The BIDI handmade felt bootee slippers are individually handcrafted, with inside sole padding for comfort and finished with hardwearing leather suede soles. Each piece is made around a reusable 'resist' mould and felted by hand, then felted more around reusable resin. They are dried in the sun and the suede sole is beautifully machine-stitched into place to finish each pair. Wool is one of the most sustainable fabrics in existence, it is renewable and biodegradable and requires relatively little water for its production. Wool has natural antibacterial properties
We highly recommend sizing up if in any doubt as the slippers are comfy with thin socks and better roomy. While the slippers will mould gently to the wearer's feet with use, their lifespan will be extended if they are not stretched.
- Hand-felted in Nepal
- 100% raw sheep wool, soap and water.
- Azo-free dyed felt.
- Sole natural buffalo suede sourced from a small family tannery
- All chemicals used in the tanning process are contained and reprocessed within the water treatment facility on site.
- Care instructions: Spot clean with a damp cloth. Do not submerge in water. Please treat with care. A suede brush may be useful for cleaning this product.
- Please note each pair is handmade and the colour of the soles may vary slightly from the photo.